Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post-Election Wrap Up

Some voter comments from Election Day

I received so many nice notes and emails – just wanted to share a few with you.

Keith: Congrats for coming in first among "non-traditional" candidates ... Nice showing for a first timer!

Thomas: I voted for you as a clearheaded, intelligent independent, though you're somewhat to the right of me politically. Congrats on the third place finish. Run again. Please. You'll have my support.

Janet: I can't thank you enough for answering my email. We stand exactly the same on this issue ... My young daughter just flew through the kitchen this morning on her way to the polls ready to vote ... she decided to vote for you as well. We must end this gridlock in Washington. Thank you for your gallant effort to make a change in our government.

Jeff: I found your website earlier this week. I think you have many smart and sensible ideas and I voted for you today. Regardless of what happens with the election results, thanks for providing a refreshing alternative to the status quo.

Linda: I'm proud of you for all the energy and effort you put into your campaign. [You were] willing to take on a losing fight because it's the right thing to do. You wanted to represent people, not parties.

Chris: Even if people don't vote for you they have respect for the fact that you tried your best to improve the governing process ... Seeing your name on an official ballot [will be] an emotional experience.

Karen: Whatever the outcome, I think it is so impressive that you ran and tried to make a difference!

Eddie: You came up short in your bid ...but your hard work didn't go unnoticed ... Hope this election makes you stronger, and that you're back out there the next time.

Rebecca: It was great going to vote today and [see you] on our local ballot! So great that you got out there and ran for office.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and support – you are all very kind and generous.